Today's song is the one I want to play when I walk into a room. You know how when boxers come into the arena and a song plays when they are introduced. Well, this is the song I want to be blaring when I come into any room!
Here is the SpiderBait version:
Here is the Ram Jam Version:
Have a great weekend all! I am off to Las Vegas for a few. My hubby and I have never been so I am sure we are in for a treat!
Okay, I know I have been absent for too long and for that I apologize. A lot of things have been happening here in Colorado Springs and they took up most of my mental energy. I will now outline what is going on... 1. My son is joining the Army!!!! My emotions are all over the place on this one. First and foremost, I am so proud of him! He scored very high on the ASVAB and can choose just about any job he wants. But like any mother I am worried and scared for him. I want to protect him from harm but I know he must walk his own path. And for my friends out there, I did not push him into this decision. This was his decision! 2. And since Ty is joining the Army he wanted me to get him running shoes. Did I just say that? Yes, I did. My boy is running!! Again the proud momma! He wants to make sure he is ready for Basic so he is doing what he needs to do. Again, all on his own! 3. The job market is not working out for me right now. I bounce between happy and sad on this one. One day I am having a 5 hour interview and the next I am getting back to back rejection emails. However, I know this is the way it works. I will survive and move on. When the time is right something will come my way. Until then I will try and keep my psychotic behavior to a minimum! 4. This weekend me and my bestie ran the St. Pats 5K. What a great day!! I am so thankful to have Nic in my life. She reminded me again of how much fun running can be. I had forgotten that and she reminded me that competing should be fun. Thanks Nic!
Me and Nic striking our normal pose!
5. I would also like to let all you bikers out there know that we have a new biker in the fold. My friend, Tiffany, is training to ride her first century this summer and yesterday we went riding together. She rocked it! She had never rode with clipless pedals and she adapted with no problems! We had a really windy ride but she just kept on pedaling through it all. I am so proud of her! You have got this Tiff! 6. Tiff and I did see a very serious accident at the very end of our ride. I am sending my prayers to the driver and his family. I hope he is not seriously injured and will recover quickly.
I know I have shared this song before but I can't help myself. Kermit just makes me so damn happy! So I will once again share the "Rainbow Connection!" If this doesn't make you smile then you are a freakin' Commie!
FYI, the Muppet Movie comes out on DVD on March 20th. I will be the first in line to get it!
And because I am feeling benevolent. Here is another great Muppet song!
1. I finished my resume on Sunday. I updated my LinkedIn and Monster profiles right after I updated my resume. I forwarded my resume onto old coworkers and friends. I networked with one friend on Monday. I got a call from another friend about a job. Tuesday I completed my first interview during this lay-off cycle. The interview went from 1030 until 1530. Yes, I was wiped out after that but I am optimistic that something may come of this one. Please send good thoughts my way!
2. Because of the chaos that ensued after I finished my resume, I have not had a great workout week. I have only taken one rest day but I have not lifted at all. Though, I did get in a great ride with Jill. Great fun! I also got to meet fellow blogger Tara! So today I will crush a workout so that I feel back on track!
3. We did not get snow like they said was coming yesterday. The weather is cool but it is supposed to be back in the 60's by this weekend. Woo Hoo! That means more outdoor riding!!!!!!!!!!!! I love spring. Plus, it's March and that means only one thing... March Madness! Yay, bring on the non-stop basketball and crazy upsets!
4. Finally, I know that this is more than three things but I have to say one more thing. I need to say Happy Birthday to my youngest brother, Tony. "Happy Birthday Bubba!" I love you and hope that you have a great birthday!
Ironman Kansas 70.3 2010, from l to r Chad, Me, Tony!
Until later, keep riding, running and swimming to your personal greatness!
I have no ancedote for today's song. I just happened to hear it on the way home from the gym yesterday and I liked it! As to my gym workout, it was not the best. My body was like "hell no bitch!" but I ignored it and did a small run and some upper body lifting. Then I came home and threw on the compression. I believe that did the trick and I will be do a run followed by a swim today. Well, that is if I can get my lazy butt out the door today!
Have a great day my friends! What are y'all doing today and this weekend?