Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chilly Cheeks Duathlon Race #1

Yep, I made it to a race and actually did the whole thing!  Amazing!  Particularly considering that when I woke up all I wanted to do was stay in bed.  But I got my big boo-tay out of bed and made the drive to Denver.  Here are the summary details:
And here is are the particulars bullet style because I am lazy!
  • First the weather was awesome!  We had temps around 60 degrees with a slight wind.  
  • The race is low key and small.  I loved the atmosphere.  I have not done this series before but I have always heard good things.  It just sucks that I have drive to Denver to get good really good multisport activities.
  • I met fellow blogger Aimee.  She is a Ironman rock star with two adorable little boys.  I hope I get to see more of her at the other races!  Plus, she wore some really cute Xmas socks!
  • I did not have high expectations for this race.  I have not been working out much lately.  I just wanted to have fun and not look like an idiot.  Check and Check!
  • Run
    • I ran the first two miles with an about a 10:30 pace.  Woo Hoo!
    • I ran/walked the third mile.
    • I ran slowly the last mile.  
    • Beat expectations with this!
  • Bike
    • Wow, where did my bike legs go?!
    • I tried to really go out fast on the bike but my breathing seemed to be keeping me back from really killing it. 
    • The course was moderately hilly so I know I will be able to do better next time.  
    • I am still happy with going an average of 14.6 mph for the 10 miles.
    • Time to hit the trainer!
  • Overall
    • I need to send out a big thank you to KC!  Just knowing that she may be watching my motivation level has been getting me out and working out.  So thanks KC!  Even though you are probably not thinking of me at all, you are still motivating me!
    • I would suggest this series to all my friends.  If you are in Colorado go check it out!
Here is a bonus for today's post!

A great song for a great movie.  If you haven't seen Skyfall yet, then go now! Great movie!

18 comments:

  1. Yea Christi!!! I'm so glad you went and you did awesome! I'm really sorry that I didn't get my but motivated to get out and cheer you on! Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband wants to see Skyfall. Maybe we'll go. Go see ARgo. Good job on the race. I think your bike pace sounds good. I used my trainer for the first time tonight. Yuck. Any helpful hints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get some Spinervals DVDs. That is what gets me through the trainer.

      Delete
    2. May I suggest Sufferfest videos, I just discovered them and I freaking love them, in my opinion, a lot better then spinervals

      Delete
  3. Congrats! Sounds like a fun race :) I just ran a trail race this weekend which was chill and laid back.. I think I'm in love with the smaller local races now. The duathlon is something id like to try in the future... You make it sound enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the race, I am jealous you are racing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bro and good luck with IM training

      Delete
  5. Congrats again, Christi! (And I liked Skyfall too.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo! COngrats! A Du is that one thing that sits on my to-do list and never happens. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW CONGRATS Christi!!! that's amazing :) and I have yet to see Skyfall but it's on my list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Well done Christi, you rock! I loved Skyfall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Gotta love good weather for race day and for blogger meet-ups! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the Du!

    Happy New Year...don't forget to post your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job getting the boot-ay out there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where is my friend Christi?
    I hope that the things go well and you are in good spirit.

    ReplyDelete