Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday's Workout

I stuck to the 30 min treadmill workout but was able to run for a continuous period of time.  That would be 15 minutes straight of running at 5.2 speed.  I am happy with that for sure.  After my run I then completed the 30 mins by walking at 4.0 speed.  I did not dread this workout and got changed immediately when I got home.  Plus, as an added bonus I am very excited about tomorrow's run because I am going to do the intervals again.  I have not been excited about a workout in awhile!  So I am very jazzed!

Next week I am going to continue my treadmill running and then throw in some full body strength training that I can do at home and generally without weights.  I just have to find the right program for me.  If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

A gratuitous picture of my kitty, Tequila
Until later keep riding, running and swimming to your personal greatness.

5 comments:

  1. Get some of those bands, they are awesome!! We use those in our class and I think they are more useful that that bar (that hurts my neck!). Lots of things you can do with the bands, and it helps the core :)!

    Go slow and steady on the running for awhile; it teaches the body to burn more fat for fuel. You adapt easier!! Well, this is what I'm learning!

    I got some new pedals for my bike...we should ride together soon!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good run! I'm glad you can start building up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll!

    There are a lot of body weight exercises you can do without weights. Planks (many variations), pushups, stuff like that is hard but it really works! Lunges and squats too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Jacki Warner, her ab workouts are a killer. One time I took a rest during an ab set, and my daughter yelled at me because I wasn't doing what Jacki was : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!! It's so fun when work outs are something to look forward to - I love your attitude :)

    A good body-weight-only exercise to help you build up strength for fore-foot running is the calf raise -- I tried to find a 'how to' video and this was the least annoying one could locate, haha (sorry, the chick in it is kind of goofy...)

    http://youtu.be/AfQH5rTfiJk

    ReplyDelete