1. My son is joining the Army!!!! My emotions are all over the place on this one. First and foremost, I am so proud of him! He scored very high on the ASVAB and can choose just about any job he wants. But like any mother I am worried and scared for him. I want to protect him from harm but I know he must walk his own path. And for my friends out there, I did not push him into this decision. This was his decision!
2. And since Ty is joining the Army he wanted me to get him running shoes. Did I just say that? Yes, I did. My boy is running!! Again the proud momma! He wants to make sure he is ready for Basic so he is doing what he needs to do. Again, all on his own!
3. The job market is not working out for me right now. I bounce between happy and sad on this one. One day I am having a 5 hour interview and the next I am getting back to back rejection emails. However, I know this is the way it works. I will survive and move on. When the time is right something will come my way. Until then I will try and keep my psychotic behavior to a minimum!
4. This weekend me and my bestie ran the St. Pats 5K. What a great day!! I am so thankful to have Nic in my life. She reminded me again of how much fun running can be. I had forgotten that and she reminded me that competing should be fun. Thanks Nic!
5. I would also like to let all you bikers out there know that we have a new biker in the fold. My friend, Tiffany, is training to ride her first century this summer and yesterday we went riding together. She rocked it! She had never rode with clipless pedals and she adapted with no problems! We had a really windy ride but she just kept on pedaling through it all. I am so proud of her! You have got this Tiff!
6. Tiff and I did see a very serious accident at the very end of our ride. I am sending my prayers to the driver and his family. I hope he is not seriously injured and will recover quickly.