Monday, March 19, 2012

Wow, it's Monday!

Okay, I know I have been absent for too long and for that I apologize. A lot of things have been happening here in Colorado Springs and they took up most of my mental energy. I will now outline what is going on...
1. My son is joining the Army!!!! My emotions are all over the place on this one. First and foremost, I am so proud of him! He scored very high on the ASVAB and can choose just about any job he wants. But like any mother I am worried and scared for him. I want to protect him from harm but I know he must walk his own path. And for my friends out there, I did not push him into this decision. This was his decision!

2. And since Ty is joining the Army he wanted me to get him running shoes. Did I just say that? Yes, I did. My boy is running!! Again the proud momma! He wants to make sure he is ready for Basic so he is doing what he needs to do. Again, all on his own!
3. The job market is not working out for me right now. I bounce between happy and sad on this one. One day I am having a 5 hour interview and the next I am getting back to back rejection emails. However, I know this is the way it works. I will survive and move on. When the time is right something will come my way. Until then I will try and keep my psychotic behavior to a minimum!
4. This weekend me and my bestie ran the St. Pats 5K. What a great day!! I am so thankful to have Nic in my life. She reminded me again of how much fun running can be. I had forgotten that and she reminded me that competing should be fun. Thanks Nic!


Me and Nic striking our normal pose!

5. I would also like to let all you bikers out there know that we have a new biker in the fold. My friend, Tiffany, is training to ride her first century this summer and yesterday we went riding together. She rocked it! She had never rode with clipless pedals and she adapted with no problems! We had a really windy ride but she just kept on pedaling through it all. I am so proud of her! You have got this Tiff!
6. Tiff and I did see a very serious accident at the very end of our ride. I am sending my prayers to the driver and his family. I hope he is not seriously injured and will recover quickly.

19 comments:

  1. Congrats! I know you don't know me but I am a top level recruiter instructor for the Marines. I know it is not the Army yet I worked at MEPS and know a lot about it. If you need some honest answers about jobs, bonuses and ship dates please ask me. I love to help. And congrats to your son, it takes good morals and values to join the military and defend te rights of others. Welcome to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome about your son!! Both the running and the Army...how wonderful. You must be so proud!!

    Awesome run and bike, too!

    I will be thinking good thoughts for you about the job situation...that is a tough one, but I am sure something will work out for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we don't get paid to do this running thing--it should be fun! I'm glad your friend was there to help you remember!

    The job thing will work out--just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a lot going on. I love your positive attitude. :) Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess I should have read your post before I sent you an email. I'm with you on the proud momma bit. It is son nice when I make my way the rec center at 6am and find my son there waiting to get in also. (he was at his Dad's house) How many 17 almost 18 year olds do you know that will get up early to workout before school? We're gonna miss our boys fo' sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting on all fronts!!! It's great that your son has his choice of roles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I know it's a HUGE leap but be proud, be very, very proud!!! And get him out on lots of runs before he's on his way!
    I just went clip less over the past week ... oh my skinned and bruised knees ... but I sure do like them once I'm moving!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be so odd to have your son (your little boy!) be old enough to make momentous decisions like that. I will give my little boy (who is still little!) a big hug when I see him later.

    Congrats on a fun race!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your son made a very quick decision! I know it's been so tough for him the last year, I hope he finds exactly what he's looking for in the Army. I bet you are super proud of him!

    So fun you ran the 5k with your friend and had a great time. You are awesome! :)

    Looking forward to the (slow!!) ride Thursday! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. I thank him for serving our country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a lot of highs and lows. Savor the triumphs of your son. Your job situation will come! I hope I adapt to clipless pedals when I try them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great about your son!! I thank him for serving - I know it is scary but you must just be so proud!!!

    Thinking good thoughts for you on the job front.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you to your son for his future service to our country. I'm sure that was a huge decision to make and I hope you continue to have peace about it. And yay for him running!

    Double yay for your running and biking! I'm starting to like themed races and can't wait for shamrock shuffle this weekend. Sending you good vibes for your job. Keep staying positive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed being yelled at to get to the finish line ;o) Love ya!
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Picture! you two look like you had a great time. Congrats on your son too, my friend went Army Reserves last year and loves it! As for the work thing, sounds like you know what to expect and are taking things in stride.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh I can only imagine the pride, excitement and worry you feel about your son joining the army. All the best to him! Yay for the race and for the awesome ride with Tiff. The perfect job is just waiting for you. In the meantime enjoy yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow mama, that's a HUGE decision. I'm sure you are proud of him for taking on such an intense responsibility; the army can lead to such good possibilities in his life. Plus he is running now? YAY!

    Sorry the job market is not treating you well girl. That sucks, wish the Denver job had worked out for you.

    Congrats on your 5K, I am re-learning to run for fun this year and I couldn't be happier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! you have a lot going on. I can't imagine all the feelings you must have about your son joining the Army. He sounds like a fine young man and you have a lot to proud of. It's crazy how fast they grow - mine is 31 years old and it still freaks me out. He will always be my 'little sugar lump' but of course I don't tell him that - esp. in front if his new wife!

    Glad you had fun at your 5k.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so happy for your son, he did the right thing. I miss my period in uniform (20 whole years).
    Good luck for getting a good job.
    Glad you had fun in the 5 km.

    ReplyDelete