Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Motivation

I thought I would share with you some of the motivation that I have been using so far this year. I must tell you that these sayings have been working very well for me and that really make me happy.

The first one is my word for the year:


source


I have needed this one for some time. I need to believe in me! I need to believe that I am a strong, confident and intelligent woman. I doing great with this one.

The second one came to me one day when I was lifting:


source


I was at the gym and a nice lookin', toned woman came in to workout. I immediately started comparing myself with her and I was not measuring up. I then looked into mirror and reminded myself that I was just starting back and with time I would look better. I told myself that I was a "Work In Progress!" So that is how I stop myself from comparing now.

The third one came to me this weekend after a successful week of lifting:



I finally had gotten my 3 lifting sessions completed. I had a full week of running, biking and cardio. I was feeling good. Again, I started looking around at those strong women that are in my life, Coach J, Dr. C. and another body builder Erin Stern. I want to be like them but know I have a long way to go and even then I will be in different in my build. Again, I am trying to stop the comparisons so this came to me!

The fourth and final one has been in my life for a long time:



Whether it is said out loud or implied this one drives me harder than anything you can imagine. And in most cases, I get to say "Ha, guess you were wrong!" Maybe its the rebel in me but don't tell me I can't do something because I will prove you wrong! That is just how I am wired.

I don't know if any of these will help y'all but they are what is driving me right now. What quotes, sayings or words are driving you this year?

22 comments:

  1. Love this! Hanging out reading blogs of all these incredible athletes can have both a motivational and demotivational effect on me. Part of me says "If they can go from fat tot fit so can I", but sometimes my brain tells me "You'll never get there." You're so smart to stop comparing yourself to others. Tough stuff! I think instead of "You can't do it", my mantra would be "Let's show them!" - based on the same psychological game, but much more positive spin. I think I need to concentrate on the "Believe" and "Work in Progress" ones though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are now believing in yourself and that you are doing so great fighting the idea that you need to look like someone else. You are loving yourself for who you are. Something we all need to work on. I love your focus and your drive.

    I'm feeling some what unfocused this year, I really need to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that all the time--comparing myself to others. Why do we do that? We are all a work in progress, aren't we?

    As I get older (especially now..) I don't want to ever look back and say "I wish I had...". So, I'm going to run, bike, play tennis, swim, hang out with my kids, take them to games, whatever. I don't want to wish I had later on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to have a fantastic year, Christi! I just know it! I hope the videos I sent you and the info are all helping out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thrilled to see you here in such a positive state of mind! I love "Own your strong!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! It's funny how a negative comment can motivate you! Good way to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my words for the year with regards to everything i want to do - constant.engaged.progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Christi! They are all great. This year I'm being lame by using the Nike slogan "Just Do It". I try to stop talking about things and just do them...like running Pikes Peak in August.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the work in progess!!!! That's totally me : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you don't compare yourself too much to other people. I think you will do just fine to look in the mirror and know you are doing all you can to stay in shape and improve. Having said that, looks like things are going well for you so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, congrats on your 5K race from your previous post! Way to rock it sista!

    Second, these are all great motivational tools. The one that struck me the most was believe. I had never thought of using that one before....thanks for putting it in my head.

    Sounds like you are going to have one helluva fantastic year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your year will be great, Christi! It's already off to an awesome start and those are the mantras to help you.

    My words? Patience and determination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These were great and looking at the guns in that picture I would say that you are strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow you look awesome! I think most women compare themselves, how can you not when society makes it so we all want to look the same ;) I just try my best and do my own thing. I love all these little mantras ;) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I once heard from a self help type that the three worst words for an older runner (like me) were "I used to..." That can be a pretty tough judge. Rather than say I used to, this advice person said say "I still can..." I often use that to keep focused on the present and future, not the past.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The quotes I tend to use most often on the longer, tough runs are "Do, don't think" (since I can easily rationalize myself into the "quit and live to fight another day" mentality), and "Relentless Forward Progress".

    Your training is really coming together and looks well rounded. I'm always looking for ways to ensure I'm not one-dimensional in my training, which is definitely my tendency. Like an old horse when one drops the reins will head back home, if I'm not diligent about cross-training I will revert to a single fitness outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love the believe photo...and your lifting one. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "My version of strong" photo is priceless: too beautiful and inspiring.
    I don't have quotes for myself .... only dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The hardest part is to "believe" on a bad day, and you're victorious when it is done. You are stronger then you think.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a rockstar!!! Keep up the great workouts!!
    Just remember....You never know how strong you really are until being strong is the only choice you have.

    Now let's have some fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow.. that is so me. I compare myself all the time. I have gotten better I will say this marathon. Believe is a word I really must take in and put to practice.

    ReplyDelete